Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
Orientation Week 2014
Calendars by year
- MSc Poster Demo Session 2014
- Last September a diverse group of students arrived at orientation to begin, their MSc journey. After a year of hard work, and an intensive summer proj [...]
- “Love Learning” Video Competition Winner
- Congratulations to James Montgomery, the overall video winner in “Love Learning” an annual competition run by UCAS and The Times. James viewed the [...]
- MSc Summer Barbecue
- MSc students take time out of their busy schedule to enjoy a summer BBQ. A sunny July day presented an opportunity to relax and reflect on all their h [...]
- Lectureship In Human Computer Interaction
- We seek applications for a SICSA lectureship in Human Computer Interaction or a closely related area. We welcome applications from excellent researche [...]
- Finalist in Scottish Software Engineer of the Year
- Congratulations to St Andrews student Simone Ivan Conte, who has been selected as one of the four finalists in the Young Software Engineer of the Year [...]
- Seminar by John Slaney:
- Seminar, Talk: 1st Sep 2014 at 11:00 am to 12:00 noon (in Cole 1.33a) What is Meyer’s E1 problem? John Slaney, Australian National University The E1 problem is a rather specialised question concerning propositional log [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.